ADA Website Compliance
Accessibility Statement for Swim Like A. Fish Website
Swim Like A. Fish is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
MEASURES TO SUPPORT ACCESSIBILITY
Swim Like A. Fish takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Swim Like A. Fish Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Swim Like A. Fish Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Swim Like A. Fish Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Swim Like A. Fish Website:
- Phone: 502-821-2106
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
COMPATIBILITY WITH BROWSERS AND ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Swim Like A. Fish Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Swim Like A. Fish Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
LIMITATIONS AND ALTERNATIVES
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Swim Like A. Fish Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress and plugins. The WordPress theme and plugins are third-party developed and we do not have the capability to modify them. We have reached out to the third-party developers and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Swim Like A. Fish Website:
- form control is not associated with a text label
- linked image with empty alternative text
- image missing alt attribute
- an input does not have associated label
- label not associated with an input element
- order of headings is not correct
- an input with placeholder but without any associated label
- skip links do not exist in the page
- missing title in the page
- empty link
- empty link with image is without text alternative
- empty heading
- missing LANG attribute for HTML tag
- labels or instructions are not provided when content requires user input
- incorrect child element in list
- duplicate values of type ID
- page contains duplicate attributes
- Page contains unclosed element
- user interface control do not have a programmatically determined name
- name of link with image can not be programmatically determined
Swim Like A. Fish assessed the accessibility of Swim Like A. Fish Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using UsableNet AQA, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
FORMAL APPROVAL OF THIS ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Swim Like A. Fish
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Swim Like A. Fish, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created on November 15, 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.